Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ultimate Frisbee and a Red Double Decker Bus

Yesterday I played Ultimate Frisbee on Jesus Greene. This town was basically built on an island in the middle of a swamp and the town expanded before they figured up a drainage system. Consequently, the the 18th century-to-present suburbs are several acres away from the 17th centurey part of the town. When they drained it, the business men tried to build on the new dry land but the city said no and it turned it into lovely parks that wrap all the way around the city. Because of this, even though Cambridge has a population of 200,000 the old town is trapped and feels like a small ancient town. Anyway, about 10 of us played ultimate and soccer there yesterday. I am horrible at soccer but not too shabby with the frisbee.

Today I rode on a Red Doubledecker Bus. I was thrilled!!! I walked about 3 miles across town to get my computer and they still wouldn't give it to me and took the bus back for £1.10.

No comments: