Sunday, July 22, 2007

More London


The Globe at night time.






So I have a thing for Big Ben- I really like it. People say it's under-rated but I beg to differ. When I look at it, I think of The Great Mouse Detective cartoon and that climactic fight scene with the Villain-Rat who is actually a cat on the clock. The rat falls off and dies.

The big church is Westminster Abbey. I saw so many famous peoples graves there. Henry III, Henry VII, Elizabeth I, Oliver Cromwell, Mary Queen of Scots, Margaret Beaufort, Edward III, The Coronation Chair which has been used since 1308, Richard II, Geoffrey Chaucer, Alfred Lord Tennyson (I am taking a class on him right now), Charles Dickens, Handel, Darwin, Newton and memorials for Shelly, Keats, Jane Austen, and Shakespeare (I saw Shakespeare's grave in stratford later).







Me with on of the 4 giant lions under the Nelson Tower at Trafalgar Square. Me in the flower gardens at Hyde Park, another stoic guard at Buckingham Palace, and St. Pauls Cathedral from across the river after the Globe play. St. Pauls is the third largest Cathedral in the world. The biggest is in the Vatican, second in Milan which is also in Italy, the fourth is Notre Dame.

No comments: