Friday, July 13, 2007

properiety is dull


Look I can do this £ and this € on my keyboard! A correction to a previous post, the sun rises at 5am and sets at 10:45 because we are so far north.

I went with some friends to the Fitzwilliam Art and Culture-History Museum today. It is about 4 blocks from my school. It was pretty much amazing- just the architecture of the old building in and out was art itself so the medieval and renaissance paintings fit in better than they do in American museums. I secretly wanted to run up next to paintings and snap pictures of myself in representations of how they made me feel or to a marble bust and match their facial expression (usually angry constipated roman senators and swooning women) but wayne was not there with me and no one here is as crazy as him so I held myself back.

Steven Hawking went to a scholar's banquet in a room near my chamber last night. I didn't get a glimpse of him but they say he will be back later this week so I'll let ya'll know.

1 comment:

Wayne Shepherd said...

Thanks for the compliment of craziness! That must have been an amazing museum...hope you are having fun at the Globe theater...lucky.