Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wedding Vows

I have moved. View the new post on the new website at http://www.heatherpaiges.com/wedding-vows/ 


Chris and I hand-wrote our wedding vows to hang over our nightstands (I love his manly script). It is so good to have these promises posted as a daily reminder to love one another well.
We chose Ruth 1:16 to be read at our wedding, "Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay." because we knew Chris' service in the Coast Guard would send us bouncing from one coastal town to another. So he and I would be one another's only constant relationship through the years. In each new home, we would hang our vows. I loved them in our first Mainer colonial rental and I love them in our new little NYC/NJ apartment. With no further ado, the vows:



Vows written by Pastor Butch of Living Hope Church in College Station, TX.





Chris and I wrote up our wedding vows then I framed them with these collages. We are going to hang his vows to me over my night stand and mine to him over his night stand. :)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

lovely

Gail said...

I like the way you've made your vows into a collage to hang over each other's nightstand. That way it's a constant reminder of how much you mean to each other. Very Nice!!

Marshall Lynch said...

that was so cute and sweet.
Edina MN Realty | Gift Baskets

My Mad World said...

I saw this on Pinterest, and I just love it! What wonderful vows and a great way to keep them and always be able to look back on.

How wonderful that you both are starting your marriage off for God!

Heather Paige said...

Nicole, What is Pinterest?
Thanks. :) We got married 2 1/2 years ago, but I just got these framed. I'm a little behind, but not late. ha.

Nicole said...

lol! Yeah, little behind but not late at all!

Pinterest... www.pinterest.com
is a place where people 'pin' things that they find interesting and share with everyone.
When I first heard people talking about it I didn't get it but now I do! lol

Not sure how to post this so you can just click, you'll have to copy and paste.. sorry. :(

http://pinterest.com/madsmomma/his-word-faith/

For some reason you have to request an invite.. but that doesn't usually take long, unless you have a friend there and they can send you an invite.

Happy pinning!! :)

Heather Paige said...

Awesome. Thanks. I just requested. Does that mean that someone saw it on my blog and entered it there? That is really cool.

Nicole said...

Yep that is what it means!! Yea you!!
Congrats on that and congrats on being married for 2 1/2 years! May God continue to keep you going strong for many more years!!

Anonymous said...

I'm just clicking over from "Pinterest" as well, where I saw your husband's vow pinned. These are absolutely beautiful vows. In a day and age where so few women are willing to say exactly what you said, "I will be subject to you"--it's beautiful to hear. Congrats on 2 and a half years of marriage. With Christ at the center of your marriage, as is evident in your vows, it's clear that you will have many more years together! Blessings from a sister in Christ.

Heather Paige said...

Thank you for the encouragement! Our first baby was born sunday!

My Mad World said...

Congrats on the new baby!! What a blessing!!