Sunday, July 12, 2009

I wrote a song.

Search me oh God in my thoughts and in my heart (Psalm 139:23-24)
For from the overflow of my heart my mouth speaks. (Matthew 12:34b)

Repeat

CHORUS:
Lord open my lips and open my mouth
Let it declare your praise (Psalm 51: 15)
Open my lips and open my mouth
Let it declare your praise
And search my heart and search my thoughts
For nothing I can say can be said without you. (Aaron Shust ha)

I need not rack my brain for many words of eloquence (1 Corinthians 2:1)
Nor can I ever boast or claim my own wisdom

When I'm sent to preach your name I needn't fear what I will say
You said you'd guide the tongues and lips that proclaim you. (Matthew 10:19-20 and Exodus 4:10-16)

CHORUS















When I seek out not my God my empty heart brings empty words
But when I set my thoughts on you, you speak through me.

So search me O God in my thoughts and in my heart
For from the overflow of my heart, my mouth speaks

Bridge: You speak through me>You guide my mouth>you guide my lips>you steal me mind>you fill my heart>into to my my mouth>upon my tongue>across my lips>unto your ears>into their ears>into their hearts

CHORUS

No comments: