Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurricane Irene

Apparently sudden drops in barometric pressure often cause women to go into labor. I am glad to say that we made it through the hurricane without this effect. Little Linus is still safe inside me inside our still safe apartment right now. No grills blew through the patio doors; the power only went out temporarily; and we didn't need the candles or the emergency water jugs and chili cans. The only difference I can see from my window is that there will be fewer leaves to turn orange this fall.

(Linus is just his "fetal name." In my March ultrasound, he looked like a peanut, so my brother dubbed him Linus after the smartest member of the peanuts gang.) Chris woke up this morning excited to tell me his great new idea for a name. I felt terrible telling him that I didn't not like it- I wish I could really like a name he came up with. I wish he could really like a name I came up with too. haha. We shall see. We shall see.

No comments: