Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I promised some pictures of Charleston and Savannah, so here are a few of the few that we took.

Ice cream in Savannah because it was Blue Bell. Even though it was cold, we were so excited about seeing Blue Bell ice cream (which you can't find up north) that we ate it anyway.

The trolley goes back and forth down River Street in Savannah. The driver has a seat on both ends of the car.

This building was built out of ballast stones from the belly's of trade ships.
The mansion at Middleton Place plantation. most of it was destroyed in the Civil War.

A building on the College of Charleston campus that allured me.
Middleton Place is an active farm.


I guess the peacock thought I was pretty.

The Aiken-Rett house, a beautiful mansion in downtown Charleston.

St. Michael's Anglican Church where Chris and I attended during our stay. It's steeple bells are the oldest cast bells in America.

The Circular Church on Meeting Street in Charleston was a very interesting building surrounded by a fascinating graveyard. The picture on the right was take 5 hours before we found out I was pregnant.

No comments: