Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Letter to Liz Gilson

"...We are doing good- drenched in Christmas spirit. Yes, we still LOVE our church oh my oh my we love it so much. These people are so genuinely loving and giving and Christ-seeking. God is good. I have been reading up on social justice lately- As in I'm reading like 4 books at once: "Everyday Justice: The Global Impact of Our Daily Choices" by Julie Clawson, "Investing for Change:Profit From Responsible Investment" by Landier and Nair, "Fields of the Fatherless" (concerning caring for orphans) by Tom Davis, "The Wounded Heart: Hope for Adult Victims of Childhood Sexual Abuse" by Allender, and Isaiah, plus I'm keeping up with campaigns like Love146 and NotForSale and Joyful Heart Foundation and RAINN and Equal Exchange.com. I feel like I am in an intense and pivotal point in my life-journey and I am excited about it. I just hope that it doesnt fizzle out like lots of my spiritual spurts have in the past. God has placed in me a desire to love people- especially the broken and the oppressed. I just have to figure out how to do it and pray that the motivation doesn't wear off due to delayed action and that my new found humility doesn't get trampled by a new (and stupid) kind of pride."


READ THE POST BELOW TOO. I WROTE THESE TWO AT THE SAME TIME.

No comments: