Saturday, April 26, 2008

I’ve been thinking about what I was thinking about yesterday. I want trials to persevere through. It has been said to me before, “well of course you love Jesus, you have no troubles in your life.” Okay, I believe that I would love Jesus even if He did make me the next Job. I am not requesting pain and suffering, no. But I was pondering Philippians 4:11b-14, “For I have learned in every situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” Thank you, dear role model Paul. I have never been hungry and not been able to get food. I’ve never scrounged for clothing or not had a safe place to lay my head. I have never been persecuted aside from little discouragements and peer attacks (like no governments and jailers). What proof do I have to proclaim, “Lord, I trust you.”? No, I am not requesting a horrible trial. But I do need to use my current one to show Him what I think of His glory and confirm just how small the problems of the world are compared to Him: getting over my loss of companionship with Wayne and making faithful decisions about what to do next year (because it looks like it is changing) without going into freak out mode.

No comments: