Sunday, September 6, 2009

Today, I saw 5 whales and 4 people throw up.

I went whale watching in the Gulf of Maine with the youth group today!

He maketh me chaperon fun youth trips;
He leadeth me upon not-so-still waters.
Yea, though I ride 'cross the sea of 6 ft waves ,
I will fear no seasickness for thou art with me...
Mike Hoy's puke runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Ha! fortunately I fared pretty well, but a lot of poor youth got pretty darn sick (Mike puked 8x. Once out the window of the car in front of me on the drive home. Poor poor Mike.)

ANYWAY. We saw 3 different species of whales. Lots of dorsal fins and a few tales. No jumps or double axles. The car ride talk was super fun- I'm pretty excited about getting to know more cool cats in this group.

Yesterday, I went to he UNH football game with my new friend, Maghan. Ha! This stadium (Division 1 AA) was 3x SMALLER than my HS stadium and way easier to sneak into! Todo, we are not in Texas anymore.

And then Mag and I went running on Rye beach. I ran further than I had run since the 7th grade. I ran the full length of Rye beach almost twice! I really felt like I conquered something. Okay, granted Rye beach is not very long. Like 13/17s of a mile (Sorry, I just couldn't break that fraction down. It is pretty precise. ha jk). So I ran not as far as many semi-normal people run regularly (esp considering that Mag ran 5 more laps) but I am still proud. I wouldn't have done that by myself.

No comments: