Wednesday, August 15, 2007

It's raining here. My hair is drying. It's a good thing it's not cold in here. Tomorrow is my last day in Cambridge. I bought some of the cookies that I eat around here. More for Carter than for me, I'll let Carter sample each one of them. I climbed to the top of St. Mary's bell tower today and looked at town £2. We are going to see Midsummer Night's Dream in the Trinity College garden tonight- but it may be raining- no good for sitting in grass with eyes open. I like the rain though. I was far away from the college umbrellaless with it started and it made me smile. I saw memorials to Newton and Tennyson and Lord Byran and John Drydan today. We took a little field trip there (across the street) during my King Arthur class today. I'm done with that class. Three papers and no exam. three shorter papers for Shakespeare with a final. I liked the classes here. They are small and intimate. We meet in "The Green Room" around an old dining room table. The classroom is right below my bedroom, I just tap around and around that dimly lit, tight, stone spiral staircase, through the hobbit door, across the banister, down the huge wooden staircase, and glance up at the elaborate red ceiling on my way in. Doesn't that sound nice. It is so wierd to live with my professors too. He just says, "if you have any questions, just run by my room." We eat breakfast and dinner together and take 11am coffee and 4pm tea together. It is a strange tightknit community that we have here, probably much like living in a cult just without the religious aspect. It is a weird thought that we will never all be in the same place at the same time again. To live with 40 other people for 40 days and 40 nights and then poof, it's over. I've gotten pretty close to quite a few of the people here. But don't get me wrong, I am so excited about coming home- I'm ready. One week longer and I'd be passed ready. One week less and I'd be short.

No comments: