Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Historic Charleston



Yesterday, I toured 18th and 19th century mansions in downtown Charleston. Then today, I toured Middleton Place, an 18th century rice plantation.


The gardens are extensive and the farm is still working. I followed two peacocks to the farm grounds where I saw oxen, goats, woolly sheep, guinea hens, ducks, chickens, Belgium horses and cows. The stables were beautiful and in the adjacent buildings were the workshops of a potter, a blacksmith, a cooper and a weaver. I loved it! And it made me even more glad I work at a historic village.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Charleston!

mj said...

I like the picture and I really like to read your post, keep posting..

Alaska Salmon Fishing | Austin Auto Accident Lawyer

Heather Paige said...

Thanks mj. And I love Charleston too. I had no idea I loved it so much until I spent a month there. :)