Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bed & Breakfast

BED:

BREAKFAST:

AND THE PARLOR:

of Park Avenue Manor, my and Chris' uncle's spectacular Bed & Breakfast Inn in Savannah, Georgia. If you are ever vacationing in Savannah (which I highly recommend), stay with Glenn and Maurice.

When we weren't lounging in the parlor or eating at awesome restaurants with Glenn and Mo, Chris and I were hiking through Savannah's many green squares (where Chris did not join me in sniffing the young flowers), wondering through creative shops, and admiring varied architecture.

Savannah is all old bricks and moss, iron and cobble stones. My favorite spot in the city may be half way up a steep iron staircase from River Street where I can run my hand along an old brick wall, soft with green moss and fern sprouts, and where the path below is unevenly paved with the ballast stones from the bellies of merchant ships and the emerging park above drips with Spanish Moss afore 19th century Italianate buildings and palm trees.

I have written of Savannah before: http://heatherpaiges.blogspot.com/search?q=savannah

No comments: