Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Camp zoomed by fast. Geeze.

Camp ended. I got to be a counselor the last week! That was pretty much amazing. I had gotten pretty comfortable in my kitchen role and prayed that God would present a way to stretch me a little more the last week and He did. The director grabbed me about an hour and a half before the campers arrived and said, "Stretch, one of the counselors had a crisis at home and left....so....you're a counselor this week." Ah! Oh I loved it! My girls were wonderful and I miss them. I was certainly thrown once again out of my comfort zone and I learned more about relating to teenagers. I think just the fact that I have been overwhelmed and ucomfy and uncertain so many times while having to be responsible in such a short period of time before the big school boom is good. I was coasting through college. not that classes weren't challenging anymore, i just knew what to expect, how hard i had to work, and well, I knew what I was doing and have been in my comfort zone for two years now. Even performing dancing in from of a few thousand people had become no big deal. So being thrown into two situations where I was being depended on be others and having to make lots of crazy decisions on the fly and think fast and do things that I didn't know how to do was, if nothing else, good for preparing me for the suprises and overwhelmtion that I expect from teaching. Yippy. Thanks God. And I think my leadership abilities have been pruned and formed in a good way. I have learned so much about myself, my strengths, my weaknesses, how much I need God, and how to rely on Him. Camp, of course, was more to me than that, but I am not going to type about it right now. thanks.

No comments: